Rebuilding NNTN4503 red FPP HT1550 batteries

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n3eg
What radios do you own?: HT1550 v/u, XTS2500-3 FPP, etc

Rebuilding NNTN4503 red FPP HT1550 batteries

Post by n3eg »

I've done two now, and it seems that the better way is to cut the label side panel just inside the edge on the panel's sides and bottom, then pry the batteries and plastic up and out. The cells were replaced with Eneloops or Duracell "pre-charged" rechargeables, which are above 2000 mAH and also low self discharge as well as handling high current better. The battery gauge reads normal but tends to hang at one bar for a long time before low battery alert. I've also put these cells in a Jedi battery with excellent results.

Would I get in any trouble if I described what makes this battery different from a normal battery, as in the FPP capability? Or is it common knowledge here already?
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Rebuilding NNTN4503 red FPP HT1550 batteries

Post by wavetar »

n3eg wrote: Would I get in any trouble if I described what makes this battery different from a normal battery, as in the FPP capability? Or is it common knowledge here already?
Nope, describe away to your heart's content!
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
d119

Post by d119 »

n3eg wrote:Would I get in any trouble if I described what makes this battery different from a normal battery, as in the FPP capability? Or is it common knowledge here already?
Oh yes please do!!!
n3obl

Post by n3obl »

pics are nice also!
Squad5
was mwb9122

Post by Squad5 »

Im interested

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”