HT1250LS+ Converted to HT1250 Won't Receive

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

motofreak008

HT1250LS+ Converted to HT1250 Won't Receive

Post by motofreak008 »

I recently got some help from another member and converted my HT1250LS+ VHF radio to an HT1250 and am having some problems that I need some help with. I used the unofficial waris lab codeplug firmware tools R03.08.00 for the upgrade. I did make sure to read the radio in Global Tuner first and saved a file of the radio prior to writing a new code plug in. I was careful to make sure the last letter of the TANAPA of the model number I wanted, H25KDF9AA5, matched my radio's. The codeplug went in fine, the tuner loaded it back fine, but I did run into some problems while trying to flash it with the firmware tool, here's where it gets interesting and when I was getting nervous. I used the 128K file of the non 4 line display firmware folder and it appeared to read into the radio just fine. The program did it's thing and gave me the final message saying it was complete and to change the flash adapter and restart the radio. I followed the instructions, but the radio never appeared to come out of bootstrap mode, like it had been bricked. However, I could put reconnect the radio and reflash it, and it always went through without a problem. But if I tried to write another codeplug from the lab tool, read it with Global Tuner or even CPS, I got errors. Figuring I had nothing else to lose, I decided to try the 256K firmware and low and behold, it appeared to work. My radio powered up and appeared to come back to life. I tried to reflash with the 128K cause I found somewhere that is what I needed to use, but it gave the same results as before, so I went back with the 256K and now I can power up, read, write, and transmit, but I can't receive anything. I now have the radio set to R5.17.01 being as that is the firmware in the tool.

Now my question is, how do I fix this problem? Does the radio need to be retuned or do I need to reflash the firmware or will that brick the radio? Any help is appreciated, I'm so close, but yet so far away, from finally having the radio that I want; should've just held out until I found a better deal on an HT1250 rather than deal with this though.

Btw, sorry for the book, just wanted to make sure I got everything covered.
CircleBat

Re: HT1250LS+ Converted to HT1250 Won't Receive

Post by CircleBat »

change it back to its original pmue ... it won't work the way you've done it.. once u've changed it back, you hafta retune your entire radio

CircleBat

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”