Motorola tabletop L34BCB info

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

lnytns456
What radios do you own?: Micor 250w repeater

Motorola tabletop L34BCB info

Post by lnytns456 »

Ok, so I just acquired one of these radios from a local ham operator in my area for a little bit of help with some cleaning for him...
I was wondering, is this a base radio, or a repeater, as it receives on the 463.xxx band and transmits on the 468.xxx band, if this is just a base radio, I could more than likely modify it to a ham repeater in some way or another.....
does anyone have a manual or other information that might help me along with my plans??

any help would be apreciated

Charles
KAF4931
"In the Strictest Scientific sense, We all feed on Death...Even Vegetarians"....Spock..The Corbomite Maneuver

N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Re: Motorola tabletop L34BCB info

Post by N4KVE »

It's a base that transmits to a repeater. The tx is 5 mhz higher than the receive. GARY
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

It would probably be easier to make it into a GMRS repeater instead of trying to get it down into the 440-450 mHz ham band. The old Motorola units have designed bandwidths and once you go outside them they become bears to get working properly in the newly selected spectrum. To put your radio on GMRS would require only two crystal units plus some relatively minor retuning.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
Will

Post by Will »

Mocom 70 radio in a box. A control station. The radio is 70's vintage, NOT programmable has channel elements/crystals.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”