EX-600XLS UHF 450-512 128 Channels HELP!!

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

stevenr437
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

EX-600XLS UHF 450-512 128 Channels HELP!!

Post by stevenr437 »

Hello Techs,

Wondering if anyone can advise why the LCD screen does not light up on my EX600 XLS 450-512mhz UHF radio?

Just some background, the LCD display would illuminate with no problem when I purchased the radio. Eventually after some time it would work intermittently and I would lightly banged the radio in my palm and it would come back on. Now it has stopped working all together.

The DTMF keypad lights up when turning the radio on or pressing one of the numerical keys, however the LCD screen display does NOT light up. I purcheased a new OEM Motorola Replacement LCD Display Module and installed it today and that did not solve the problem! The LCD display area is still not illuminated!!

Any help or advise would be appreciated. I was told by a radio guru that it is most likely the controller board that needs replacing. Have no idea what part number this is. I can do the job myself, just need to know what to order.

FYI: I can see all the numbers, letters, channels, options, menus, etc. It is just that the LCD display is not illuminated.

Thanks all
35echo

Re: EX-600XLS UHF 450-512 128 Channels HELP!!

Post by 35echo »

stevenr437,

I would check J702 (LCD connector) on the controller board and make sure there are no broken solder joints. We have seen broken joints on this connector before especially on lead-free boards. It is easy to change or reflow if you can get access to a Chipmaster.

Part number 0905505Y03 CONN ZIF HORIZONTAL $2.10 list.

The part number for the controller is PMHE4019 FRONT COVER 450-527M 4W LTR PREF $492.00 list.

This is the controller board, LCD, and housing with speaker and flexes.

Regards,

Allen
CircleBat

Re: EX-600XLS UHF 450-512 128 Channels HELP!!

Post by CircleBat »

sounds like a flex problem .. typical on these radios

Circlebat

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”