Motorola out-of-date parts database?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Wile E. Coyote
What radios do you own?: The best that low bid can buy.

Motorola out-of-date parts database?

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

It's spring time, and that means it's time to go through the parts room and make room for the new round of Motorola parts. Unfortunately we have +30 years worth of parts, and I have no clue what half of them go to.

Does anyone know if there is a Motorola database somewhere that breaks down what model radio goes with what part#? At least that way I can make a more informed decision when I start putting parts on eBay.

Thanks!
-WEC
"The bitterness of poor quality lingers longer than the sweetness of low cost"
wkr518

Re: Motorola out-of-date parts database?

Post by wkr518 »

ran into similar deal a few years ago,went through all the old repair manuals and PDFs and basically batched up the old stuff ( HT90,HT600,M120 etc) and sold it on Ebay.We let the office staff do it in spare time when not busy doing office stuff.It took almost 3 weeks.Now we have or HAD room for more parts.Now we stock repair parts for Kenwood and Icom and HYT.
nothing
Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 »

Not to state the obvious but... punching the part number into Google will normally bring up a parts list on somebody's website?

Most seem wildly outdated but for the purpose of IDing what part # belongs to which model that shouldn't matter too much.

Andrew
Will

Post by Will »

Wile,

I would like to see the list as I buy spare parts for some older radios.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”