SmartNet Wave Shaper/Conditioner

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JimS
New User

SmartNet Wave Shaper/Conditioner

Post by JimS »

Hi, Does anyone know of a device that will cleanup/reshape/restore a data stream? Thanks!
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Re: SmartNet Wave Shaper/Conditioner

Post by The Pager Geek »

I'll bite:

Why?

tpg
Experienced Provider of Useless Information
Will

Post by Will »

A zero crossing detector and buffer....
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

Will wrote:A zero crossing detector and buffer....
No, for several reasons:
1) any pulse shaping filters would need to be applied.
2) Zero crossing won't necessarily give you the correct symbol deviation at the correct sampling time.
3) noise will blow away your timing margin.

You really need to correctly detect the signal - demodulate it down to symbols - then reconstruct the signal from there. Ideally, you also use any forward error correction to correct what errors you can, and then regenerate the error correction in the stream.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

JimS wrote:Hi, Does anyone know of a device that will cleanup/reshape/restore a data stream? Thanks!
Wowbagger already answered this, but I'll ask it a different way -

A data stream of what? Ethernet? T1? Moto SPI bus? RS232? 485? J1708? EBCDIC?
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

Look at the thread subject - I would suspect that he wants to regenerate the Smartnet waveform.

Of course, does that mean the control channel, the Smartnet digital encrypted voice channel, or the APCO-25 CAI voice channel used on Smartnet systems.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Maybe he's looking for in-building coverage enhancement? There are several options available for SMR system coverage enhancement...if that's what he's looking for. We've used units from Powerwave:

http://www.powerwave.com/coverage-products.asp
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”