HSN4035C - SPEAKER KIT MOBILE

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bburzycki
New User

HSN4035C - SPEAKER KIT MOBILE

Post by bburzycki »

So it seems I need a bit of help to understand why this specific speaker will trigger only on specific types of outputs.

We have been asked by a customer to integrate this speaker to rebroadcast from a laptop computer. No matter what we do it seems the built in amp will not trigger based on the output of the computer.

Does anyone have any ideas the reason for this?

I assume we are missing something simple and just need to be reminded what..

Do we need to pre-amp the output? Before sending it to the speaker? That just seems strange to me...

Thanks
Will

Re: HSN4035C - SPEAKER KIT MOBILE

Post by Will »

You can use one of the Motorola speakers with the built in amplifier. These will take the line level audio from your computer and drive the speaker. You will need 13 volts at 2 amps to power the speaker amp.

You can also use a 600 to 600 ohm transformer and feed the house PA system.

There are many ways to do this.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

I think the HSN4035C is an amplified speaker.

It's looking for speaker level audio, not line level audio. You will probably need a pre-amp to run it from a computer line output.
bburzycki
New User

Post by bburzycki »

That was my fear - any suggestions on a pre-amp?
Will

Post by Will »

bburzycki wrote:That was my fear - any suggestions on a pre-amp?
You do not need a pre-amp. If I can get the diagram of the amped speaker, there is a load resistor on the input you remove. Just do not have the diagram on the HSN4035.
dthiel
New User

Post by dthiel »

I realize this is a very old thread, but which resistor is the one that needs to be removed? I've been searching all over and can't find it. Thanks!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”