GR400 Controller Zetron ZR310 Accessory connector pinour?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wazzzzzzzzup
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS3000/astro spectra/

GR400 Controller Zetron ZR310 Accessory connector pinour?

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

hi all i have purchased my first Motorola Repeater, its a GR400 rack mount. it has a Zetron ZR310 Controller, on it theres a set of pins in the back of it that i would like to know what the pins are, and What options exist for plugging into them.

i also picked up a Radius phone patch TDN8196B with a maxtrac 16 pin cable....and i cant find much info on this interconnect. im wondering if it is able to be plugged into the controller to provide phone patch.
think about how to ENCOURAGE Motorola learning safely with GRACE.....NOT condemnation.
Jim202

Re: GR400 Controller Zetron ZR310 Accessory connector pinour

Post by Jim202 »

wazzzzzzzzup wrote:hi all i have purchased my first Motorola Repeater, its a GR400 rack mount. it has a Zetron ZR310 Controller, on it theres a set of pins in the back of it that i would like to know what the pins are, and What options exist for plugging into them.

i also picked up a Radius phone patch TDN8196B with a maxtrac 16 pin cable....and i cant find much info on this interconnect. im wondering if it is able to be plugged into the controller to provide phone patch.

Have you even taken the effort to do a search on the internet for the Zetron ZR310? I did and found a number of places where you can download the service manual in a PDF format.

I am not trying to be a hard nose here, but the people on here at least expect you to make an effort to help yourself. If your searches don't turn up anything, then by all means come to where the technical help is and someone will be more than glad to help. But most of us do expect that you will take the first step by yourself. This is not grade school here to teach radio 101.

Jim
wazzzzzzzzup
Batboard $upporter

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

Jim202 wrote:

Have you even taken the effort to do a search on the internet for the Zetron ZR310? I did and found a number of places where you can download the service manual in a PDF format.

I am not trying to be a hard nose here, but the people on here at least expect you to make an effort to help yourself. If your searches don't turn up anything, then by all means come to where the technical help is and someone will be more than glad to help. But most of us do expect that you will take the first step by yourself. This is not grade school here to teach radio 101.

Jim

WOW.............................................................................................................................................................................

hmmmmm, your reply was NOT helpful, i did some research. to be more specific i found several sites but i couldn't find the info i was looking for, i downloaded several pdf's but as i scanned over them i didnt see accessory pinout configuration, i found plenty of info about setting it up, but nothing on that accy connector! is it possible i overlooked it?

i see you have been a member here for over 10 years, so have i.
let me offer some friendly advise to ALL about how to relate to others on the board here...

1. Members ACTING like they are Superior to others doesnt help someone else feel comfortable using this site.
over my 20 plus years in the motorola hobby i have found theres several types of motorola radio enthusiasts....
a. the guy whos been in it awhile, values his knowledge and will share his knowledge with emphasis that he knows his stuff, hes the man, hes the king, hes puffed up, hes MOTO ELITE.
b. the guy whos been in it awhile, values his knowledge and wont share it with someone or others, possibly so he will remain in his mind the smarter of the 2. (he may also be MOTO ELITE)

c. the guy whos been in it along time, values his knowledge, but loves to share it with GRACE to help others grow and become smarter in the hobby.

to clarify...Elitists are jerks. (dont be an elitist)

2. the fearful or empty content poster.
there's variety of this, but in a nutshell the fearful poster loves to reply to others telling them why they shouldnt do something. they dont help people learn, thier replies discourage learning, they dont offer any positive knowledge to the original post .since alot of the motorola hobby is experimentation and it takes trial and error with radio stuff to learn.

(trunked scanning is one example, theres plenty other examples)
an exception with alternate suggestion.... would be discouraging an obvious Novice from attempting to program a moto radio on a public safety trunking system as a scanner. key word NOVICE. how many of you out here were once NOVICES yourselves, how many of you out here have ever had a run in with a snotty motorola guru that discouraged your learning? how many of you out here learned plenty from HELPFUL motorola fans and then you programmed a trunked radio for scanning only with safety measures in place to prevent transmit and interference...... many of the hams in my beginnings of radio were HELPFUL, some of what i learned i had to figure out myself because i was asking questions others didnt have the answers to. once i figured it out, i shared that knowledge on the batlabs board to help others. how many people here will take the time to explain to that NOVICE the things that can go wrong with a novice working with a radio on a trunked system as a scanner, but also explain the SCAN LIST METHOD???? i figured out the scan list method myself in the late 90s because at the time there was no posts about it on batlabs to help me, it took many many days of tinkering with MTSX so once i figured it out, i posted about it to help others. i have seen the scan list method referenced for years out here since. im not saying i was the first to figure it out, but i was the first to post about it. and im so glad that its being used to help others safely listen to older systems. (i havent used a motorola radio as a trunked scanner since the early 2000s, and im not sure the scan list method will work on the latest and greatest systems digital systems, but hopefully it still does, i can only imagine a APEX radio as a trunked scanner must be BADD AZZ)

i used to work for a motorola product manufacturer . at one point i assembled circuit boards for radios and other products, after a year i was In circuit test (ICT)/troubleshoot functional test for these completed products. in the factory, we had a similar environment..some guys on day shift would troubleshoot a problem with radio boards, some problem i may have been noticing too in my testing and troubleshooting on night shift, so i would ask them how they fixed the problem. they often would say dont worry about it, when you get those failures, leave them for day shift we will fix them. but when i found solutions to problems, i shared the solutions with day shift, and they had no problem taking my information.

i LOVE helping others safely learn about motorola technology and their application to a hobby of radio. although the older i get the more familiar i am with older stuff, im not able to financially keep up with the motorola Jones's playing with the newer stuff first hand. ill prob own an APEX in about 10 years when they get down to 500$ LOL

so for any one here, think about how to ENCOURAGE Motorola learning safely with GRACE.....NOT condemnation.

im going to add that to my tagline :)

73s all, ill step off my enthusiast supporting soapbox .
think about how to ENCOURAGE Motorola learning safely with GRACE.....NOT condemnation.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

It's you who has the ego. The older people on here get tired trying to help people who come off as being lazy and these lazy people don't like others telling them so.

I have mentored people for many years. But there is that line in the sand of just how much basic knowledge you should have before diving into a piece of equipment and those that seem to lack the experience to do so. Being able to read a schematic is part of the basic knowledge a person should have.

As for the PDF manuals that are available from a simple search, I would expect that the actual service manual specific to the exact piece of equipment you asked about to contain all that your looking for.

Why do you expect others to have to spoon feed you the details? Grow up and learn how to blend in with the crowd.

Jim
wazzzzzzzzup
Batboard $upporter

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

if posts like mine trigger you or otherwise cross the line in your sandbox, maybe you could consider just not Replying to them. let someone else reply that IS willing to help.
wazzzzzzzzup
Batboard $upporter

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

fineshot1,

i did look over the repeater builder and the gr400 batlabs site ( i probably should have mentioned that), but i did not see the edocs site previously, i will check into it.

thank you for replying is a helpful way :)

waz
Satelite

Post by Satelite »

Hello:
I purchased a GM300 16ch UHF awhile back that came with the TDN8196B phone patch attached to it through a 16 pin connector at rear of radio .
I personaly was after the 12.5 narrow band gm300 mobile but did have to plug it into a phone line and play with it.
Now mine at least is setup up for simplex and not duplexed as in a repeater.
So I don't know if the patch was designed to be used with a repeater but it might have don't know myself.
I can however tell you it worked fine on the gm300 uhf as a simplex phone patch.
Still have it = so if looking at the 16 pin wire color code to pin number would help = I could take a peek at it for you if youd be interested.
I looked in my manuals and did find the programming info for a rx and tx radio in a G500 repeater but its for the i750R Motorola phone patch so not sure how much info would be of help from it trying to apply it to the TDN8196B patch.
Was the TDN8196B patch known by another name such as i750R by chance ?
Satelite

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”