Harris BeOn Push-To-Talk

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim1348

Harris BeOn Push-To-Talk

Post by Jim1348 »

I started reading about the Harris BeOn Push-To-Talk for mobile devices. I am just wondering what, if any, PTT apps people here use and how well they work. (I was a Nextel guy at the old job for a long time. However, I retired from that job in December 2010. I suspect that they have gone Sprint, but I digress.) I have tried TiKL, but I was not impressed. Are there any good PTT apps or are they are they all a waste of time?
Bill_G

Re: Harris BeOn Push-To-Talk

Post by Bill_G »

There is the TurboVui Droid app, but you have to buy a TurboVui gateway and tie it to a base station in your Trbo system.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

iPTT (iOS only) and Zello are two that I've seen other people use. I personally haven't tried either. The Harris BeOn is like the TurboVui Bill mentioned...it ties into radio systems...not a simple smartphone-to-smartphone app like you're looking for.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Bigred
What radios do you own?: Junk that comes and goes...

Post by Bigred »

We've been trying Wave from Twisted Pair. OK, better than what Sprint is squeezing out now or miles above Zello. Got to say though, for however aggravating Nextel was, their backhaul worked. Waiting for hands-on for TRBO-Vui.
Lots and lots of watts...

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”