DirectTalk repeater

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

motoBob
New User

DirectTalk repeater

Post by motoBob »

I'm posting this in General because I wasn't quite sure where it should go.

Lately I've been wondering about the possibility of setting up a repeater for some Nextel DirectTalk portables. I've searched around online and found a few places discussing this and while the information they gave was detailed, it doesn't appear that one has ever been constructed. This thread, in particular seems to have a good bit of information about the idea but it doesn't really go into the construction of the repeater itself.

Out of curiosity I also looked at the Motorola DTR portables to see if something like this had been created for them. While the DTR series won't work with the DirectTalk portables, both lines are almost identical in their function. I was surprised to find that there actually is a repeater available for the DTR portables made by Cane Wireless. This is it.

So that tells me that such a thing is possible, and since the DTRs are so similar to DirectTalk portables I'm thinking that I should be able to construct something similar for them. Clearly the Cane Wireless repeater wouldn't work with the DirectTalk portables, but how would I go about constructing my own repeater for DirectTalk? Any ideas that might get me headed in the right direction?
wkr518

Re: DirectTalk repeater

Post by wkr518 »

anyone used or set up a DRX550 yet?
nothing
RFguy

Re: DirectTalk repeater

Post by RFguy »

It's just 2 DTR's back to back. Adds extra delay, only "repeats" one talkgroup.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”