KVL Hirose adapter for XTL5000 with hmn4044e head?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Geektastic
New User

KVL Hirose adapter for XTL5000 with hmn4044e head?

Post by Geektastic »

After days of searching everywhere I can for every search string I can think of. I find no info at all on putting a key into an xtl5000 with the hmn4044e head.

I found the adapter needed for a spectra, 7414 and then I found the adapter needed for a XTL with an O5 head, 6182 but both appear to connect to a mic connector. What does one do when your control head is your microphone?
Wiregeek

Re: KVL Hirose adapter for XTL5000 with hmn4044e head?

Post by Wiregeek »

connect the Hirose adapter to the CGAI port on the XTL drawer, which should be okey dokey since the control head is on the DB25?

HA! Glad I double checked. The above statement would be correct on an APX, but not on an XTL - on an XTL there should be a W-style microphone connector under a rubber dust cover above the DB25 that your HHCH plugs into. That's where your TRN7414 Hirose adapter would go.
Geektastic
New User

Post by Geektastic »

The XTL I have the TIB has 2 DB25 connectors and the programming port.
Wiregeek

Post by Wiregeek »

dynamite, then your TRN7414 W-Style to Hirose goes into the programming port, and your KVL connects there.
Geektastic
New User

Post by Geektastic »

Wiregeek wrote:dynamite, then your TRN7414 W-Style to Hirose goes into the programming port, and your KVL connects there.
Perfect. I know that you're reply was directed to Dynamite but that was the sentence I was looking for.

I know the hirose fits there but without seeing it done before or reading it somewhere, I wasn't looking to let the smoke out of my radio or KVL. All documentation on the process says the hirose needed to attach to a microphone port.

Thank you!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”