XTS2500 dead battery.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MotoVio
was VioLenT

XTS2500 dead battery.

Post by MotoVio »

Got a new old stock NTN9858C with a 145 date code, came with a new old stock PR1500 VHF, charged up a few times & now the Impres charger won't even detect it unless I use my fingers to push it back & hold it there while it's already seated in the charger.

Should I trash it or is there any way to revive it?
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: XTS2500 dead battery.

Post by FireCpt809 »

sounds like more of a charger problem
MotoVio
was VioLenT

Post by MotoVio »

It charges another NTN9858C & NNTN4437B (XTS5000) battery with no hiccups & no fiddling around to get them to charge though.
tsunami_australia
What radios do you own?: too many to list here apparent

Post by tsunami_australia »

Sounds like faulty contacts in either battery or charger (more likely the battery since you claim it's fine with other batteries) where the extra pressure is making or more forcing the contact where something has come off inside.

If it's a new purchase just return it for warranty else be prepared to go in deep I suppose.
MotoVio
was VioLenT

Post by MotoVio »

The dealer I got the PR1500 from sent out a brand new one for no charge & told me I can dispose of this one. Musta been a bad batch back in '11.

Tsunami_Australia, out of curiosity I was gonna ask you; what does the battery gauge on your XTS5000 show when your NNTN4437B is fully charged?
tsunami_australia
What radios do you own?: too many to list here apparent

Post by tsunami_australia »

90%
1436mah
17 chargers est

So not as high as I would have liked :( but I don't know how long it's been on the shelf either could be new old stock with a slight degradation. Still get around a full day out of it at least and that's what's really counting for me. I'm trying to use the 35B for most mundane crap so the IP67 job is available when needed and still in good nick.

You seem to have a better memory than me remembering my mentions from other posts lol :(.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”