HT1250 Wont Turn on

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pmarq2008
New User

HT1250 Wont Turn on

Post by pmarq2008 »

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this board and not very in the know of the HT1250 and troubleshooting procedures. I have a HT1250 that I purchased from Ebay. I have had it for about a year now and it has work great. A couple months ago it decided to not power on. After researching through some of the discussion on this site I was able to figure out that the Fuse had blown. I was able to find the information to purchase new fuses and successfully replaced it. Thank you all for the unseen help you provided.

However today the I was using it and it was working fine and then it just stopped working. I hadn't done anything, I was just standing there and the next minute I noticed someone talking on the radio on scene and I wasn't hearing them. I looked at the radio and it looked like it was off. So I turned the Volume dial to off and tried to turn it back on and nothing happened. At first I thought it might have been the battery died with out warning. So when I got back I placed it on the charger and the charge LED turned Green like normal when it is charged. I said well must be the fuse blew again. So I proceeded to take the radio apart and check Continuity on the Fuse. The fuse is not blown. My next step was to try a different battery. That battery did not work and the battery I had on my radio at the time works on a different radio so I know its not the battery. After looking at it closely now I see that when I turn the Volume dial to on the LCD screen very dimly lights up but nothing is displayed. When I say lights up its not the backlight turning on its it the individual crystals actually get dark. All of the icons and "pixels" (I'm a computer guy) dimly light up. The LED on the top doesn't do anything when I turn it on it also does not beep like it normally does when it turns on.

In my research previously with the fuse issue I thought I had seen some where that it could possibly be a firmware problem but I am not able to find any of those posts anymore.

Has anyone else had this issue or know of what it could be and be able to point me in a direction of possibly fixing it?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Phil

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”