MOTOTRBO Capacity Plus For Public Safety

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim1348

Post by Jim1348 »

I am looking at any good, objective articles which discuss using MOTOTRBO Capacity Plus for public safety. I don't happen to think it is the correct choice for public safety, but I don't want my biases to get in the way. So, I ask of any fellow members that can link any articles on why it is not the right choices, I would love to hear from you. Or, conversely, maybe it is now a great choice. If there are any good articles to change my mind, I would be interested in those, too.

My greatest concerns are related to public safety. I would hate to think that an officer who needs help would get "bonked out" because the dog catcher is discussing a rabies tag on another talkgroup. Things like inter-operability and priority talkgroup scanning would be of interest, too.
Nn4db
New User

Re: MOTOTRBO Capacity Plus For Public Safety

Post by Nn4db »

Scottsboro alabama is using one. Hi band. Not sure how many channels or talkgroups. I think it
Would be ok until a real.emergency. like a tornado on the ground in a city. Earthquake etc. That is where you find out about your system. I saw a county school system lock a cap+ 2repeater 4 slot system on the first day of school 100+ buses 20 schools. But after school settled down after the first day no problem.
Jim1348

Post by Jim1348 »

I assume that Capacity Plus systems have the ability to allow higher priority talkgroups to ruthlessly preempt other lower priority talkgroups.
wavetar
Administrator

Re: MOTOTRBO Capacity Plus For Public Safety

Post by wavetar »

Jim1348 wrote:I assume that Capacity Plus systems have the ability to allow higher priority talkgroups to ruthlessly preempt other lower priority talkgroups.
It's not straight forward like user priority in a SmartNet/P25 trunked system, but you can have that capability by using the 'transmit interrupt' feature in the subscribers. Emergency can also be set in the same fashion. With some creative programming, you can make it for example so most users cannot interrupt at all and can be interrupted, some users who can interrupt and can be interrupted, and top tier users who can interrupt and cannot be interrupted. It's all in the subscriber settings.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”