Motorola siren Astro Spectra

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

yomusic
New User
What radios do you own?: MC2100

Motorola siren Astro Spectra

Post by yomusic »

Hi all,

My name is Johan, 56 years and I live in The Netherlands. My hobby is restoring old police cars including all equipment.

Last week I bought a Motorola siren: Motorola Systems 9000 Astro Spectra Radio Siren Public Address Kit HLN1439F

I tought it was a stand alone siren but it seems to be a siren that has to be connected with some kind of Motorola radio. I'm new to this and don't know what I need to make the siren work. If I need a Motorola radio to make the siren work, it has to be a VHF radio.

Can anyone help me out here ?

Thanks,
Johan
tgo

Re: Motorola siren Astro Spectra

Post by tgo »

Dear Johan:-
That unit is designed to be used with an Astro Spectra mobile radio, which was available in two VHF ranges: 136-151 MHz and 150-174 mhz. An interconnect cable is used between the radio and the siren.
yomusic
New User
What radios do you own?: MC2100

Post by yomusic »

Dear TGO, what kind of cable do I use between the radio and the siren (type number) ? I already have a cable that goes from the Spectra Astro box to the radio.
tgo

Post by tgo »

The cable part # is HKN-4363. If you are using the "W9" style control head, push buttons on the control head can be assigned siren functions through the customer programming software.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”