Quik-Call II Delayed Alert Tone

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

GreatBambino2
New User

Quik-Call II Delayed Alert Tone

Post by GreatBambino2 »

I am setting up a CDM1550LS (VHF Model) to operate as a base station radio and station alerting system.

I have all the tone information I need and have successfully programmed the radio to decode the tones. My issue is that the radio does not sound the Alert Tone until after the carrier has dropped and it detects a new carrier/signal. I need the radio to alert immediately upon successfully decoding the proper tone set. Right now the alert tones are going to cut off the first part of the Dispatch because our dispatch center drops the carrier after transmitting the tones.

I have tried adjusting everything I can think of within the CPS. Any suggestions or thoughts? I have never had this issue with any other Waris Series radio.
kb4mdz
What radios do you own?: Too many for the time I have.

Re: Quik-Call II Delayed Alert Tone

Post by kb4mdz »

To quote a previous boss: "That doesn't make any sense. Really?"

All the CDM1250's I've seen alert right after the 2nd tone, don't wait for the carrier to drop.

Hmmm, what's the firmware version of the radio?

I have about 28 fire station alerting systems under my care, and a large assortment of ages of CDM1250's. I think I have seen some variety in how the timing of the alert is in reference to the tones, but I'm not really sure. Just something that I've noticed on the side, but never had the inclination or time to investigate.

Do you have another CDM1550LS to try? Esp. of a different manufacture date, thus Firmware version?
motofreak008

Re: Quik-Call II Delayed Alert Tone

Post by motofreak008 »

I don't know which firmware version it was, though the most recent should work fine, that fixed an issue similar to this in the HTs anyways. Basically they wouldn't alert until after the second time finished, unlike pagers that alert right after deciding the second tone. But a firmware upgrade fixes that. My mom's volunteer EMS HT1250 does that, but my HT1250LS+ alerts how a Minitor does and it has more recent firmware than hers. Not sure what they are at the moment, but that almost sounds like what you're dealing with because if dispatch starts talking soon after dropping the tones, they can be clipped off a bit.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”