Motorola B1914 mic

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

billyfromhill
New User

Motorola B1914 mic

Post by billyfromhill »

I have a MIP5000 console that currently uses a standard PC microphone. I want to upgrade to the Motorola B1914 for better functionality but I'm not sure how exactly it connects to the console/PC. Does it just have a standard 3.5mm audio jack or does it use USB or an RJ45/8P8C connector? If so where would it connect to? One of the radio gateways perhaps?
RFguy

Re: Motorola B1914 mic

Post by RFguy »

I found this in the install manual:
If this console has desktop microphone B1914A, which can connect to a USB jackbox, select the USB jackbox to which it is connected.
billyfromhill
New User

Post by billyfromhill »

Can it be used without the USB jackbox? I don't have one.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

From the ordering guide:
Headset Jackbox
Every MIP 5000 operator position requires either a Basic or an Enhanced headset Jackbox. The Jackbox is needed for all standard (non USB) accessories. Each position requires a minimum of 1 and can support a maximum of 3 of any combination of Jackboxes. TT05515AA is the option for the Basic Headset Jackbox and TT05522AA is the option for the Enhanced headset Jackbox.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”