Quantar V.24 question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ldanna

Quantar V.24 question

Post by ldanna »

Hi group
I am working on a project that links quantar P25 repeaters over internet . Project is P25nx. (P25nx.com if interested at looking at the web page) I have 2 Quantars one is a VHF other is UHF The UHF Quantar wireline card had the V.24 daughter board originally I believe at sometime, as it has the faceplate with the correct cutouts. The project has an interface board to replace the Motorola V.24 board so a real moto V.24 is not needed. Here is the quandry the UHF works great the VHF doesn't Same RSS configuration for each. only difference I can see is the wireline card.

My question is normally if a motorola V.24 board is added to a normal wireline card are there any mods either hardware or programming changes necessary to to the wireline card to make the V.24 function ?

Thanks

Larry
d119

Re: Quantar V.24 question

Post by d119 »

Hi Larry,

You have to set up the V.24 wireline parameters (timing, etc.) in the Quantar RSS.
Astro Spectra

Re: Quantar V.24 question

Post by Astro Spectra »

On the Astro tab of the Wireline setup page set:

Wireline Interface: V.24 ONLY
Analog Idle Link Check: DISABLED
Digital Idle Link Check: ENABLED
External Transmit Clock: ENABLED
and
RT/RT Configuration: ENABLED

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”