MT2000 unmute problem

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

vhacmowilmob
New User
What radios do you own?: Sabers and Maxtracs

MT2000 unmute problem

Post by vhacmowilmob »

Here's one I've never come across before...
We are going through our old HT1000 and MT2000 radios, checking them out before getting rid of them (the good ones go to auction, the bad ones get stripped of usable parts and the good parts to auction, the bad parts to the shredder)

I've come across a top-display VHF MT2000 (we don't have many of these) that has an issue when it unmutes... it's slow to unmute on valid PL, but not only is it slow, it's not a solid "ON" when it unmutes, it's almost like someone is turning up a knob (fast, but it's definitely a ramp-up)

I turned off DOS, and made sure unmute is set to OR with no unmute delay.

I haven't done any alignment other than make sure the reference oscillator was on frequency (it was, -6hz... I can't get much closer than that...:-) )

I assume something on the RF board is screwy, but wanted a second opinion before this one goes in the scrap pile. (the rest of the radios in the scrap pile are flat-out dead... this will be the first one that is just seriously ill)

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”