Programming DTMF string to a programble button

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RF_Burns

Programming DTMF string to a programble button

Post by RF_Burns »

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here. I'm trying to program 3 digit DTMF strings into several programmable button. The customer currently has a CDM1250 and a HT1250 doing this, but I can't get another CDM1250 (I tried 2 so far) to do this. I can program it exactly the same, but the programmable buttons do nothing, not even a Beep or bonk when pressed.

The working unit has code plug version 2.06 and the one I've tried have 2.07 and 2.16. The working unit says firmware is "Unknown" but I only have an archive file from it. The firmware of the units I am trying to program are 02.00.02 and 04.02.01.

Of course the original working codeplug will not clone because its a low power unit and the two I want to program are high power Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!.

any ideas?
Bill_G

Re: Programming DTMF string to a programble button

Post by Bill_G »

My CDMs and HT750's use a CALL button. That button brings up a list. I scroll through the list, and hit PTT on the highlighted string. Out it goes. I either exit the sceen, or wait for it to time out. Otherwise, it spits out the string with every PTT until the screen is cleared.

Can't help you with which rev has these features.
RF_Burns

Post by RF_Burns »

Thanks Bill,
Yes I can setup a button that will access the Call List. From there I need to select from "Sel Call, Radio Check, or Call Alert" (even though I have only Call Alert checked in the Signalling setup). Then I can scroll through the call list.

Strange I can do this on a HT1250 but not a CDM1250.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

I went through this with a railroad that used dtmf to contact the dispatcher, control crossing gates, and interrogate draggers. They had a mix of Motorola, Icom, Kenwood, Vertex, etc. A little of everything, and different revisions within a series from here to the moon. No one department had matching radios, with matching freq/channel lists, or matching features, and even radios that looked similar didn't operate the same way. It was a confunkshun.
BARNEY R
What radios do you own?: XPR & XTS

Post by BARNEY R »

It can be done on a CDM I think you use the PHONE button for it and a single press will send the string of DTMF. I can look at one when I get home from work tonight and tell you for sure. We use it at the Fire House to open the bay door and trip the light out front.
MassFD
Batboard $upporter

Post by MassFD »

Barney

Thats cheating, looking at 1 of my top secret code plugs.

Yes, it is a button programed as a phone system access button, the phone system setup has spaces for both system access and de-access DTMF strings.
We only use the access string and have set the timeout to 3 seconds (i think)

Only problem for the OP is I think he wanted to set up multiple buttons for multiple functions. May be able to set up multiple phone systems to make it work.

Kevin
Cause Motorola said so that's why
BARNEY R
What radios do you own?: XPR & XTS

Post by BARNEY R »

MassFD,
You are correct I was looking at a top secret code plug. What can I say I learned some good tricks from you. That only works for a single string.
MassFD
Batboard $upporter

Post by MassFD »

It's a shame the new radios that went in the new engines could not do what the CDM's could do with DTMF. They could only do 3 digits of DTMF as a phone system access code. Rob found another way to do it but it was not a single button press like the CDM was. Progress !

Give me back my Mitrek with an add on Selectone board, than again 1 DTMF string only.

Kevin
Cause Motorola said so that's why

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”