APX Label Source

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

APX Label Source

Post by NSPD »

My agency is getting ready to deploy about 900 APX6000 Model 2.5 radios in the next few months.

We have discussed getting some labels made to fit the recessed space below the directional keys that has our agency logo and contact information to identify our radios and give people a number to call if a radio is lost.

Has anyone done this and found a label company that can make labels of the same material and quality as the Motorola labels? I think they are some kind of 3M vinyl material.
Jake
abbylind
What radios do you own?: What dont I own?

Re: APX Label Source

Post by abbylind »

I didnt make radio stickers but Stickercutting.com made some custom stickers for me.. Nice work reasonable cost Ask for Jason
Good luck
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

The labels used by Moto are called Lexans in the trade. They're made of textured Lexan. One such supplier is:

http://labelsandgraphics.com/material/lexan.php

Never used them so just an example supplier.
NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Post by NSPD »

Thanks for the suggestions... I will do some research on these!
Jake
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

Just for further information: normally Lexans need to be die cut, so the cost is that to make the die tool, do the artwork, and then there is a per-piece charge. Sometimes a Lexan shop may have a method (water jet cutter, etc) which works out cheaper to do low volume runs.

The Lexan label are not that suitable for serial numbers but again some shops have a means to have a window in the Lexan so a serial number can be reverse screen printed into the window from the back for you. Personally, I just inventory using the radio serial number as I can never see the need to engrave extra crap into the case.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

We use Brady glow-in-the-dark label material, hand-cut... and before you crow about doing 900 portables, I've done somewhere in the neighborhood of 500.

Brady makes the toughest label material I've ever used. We've got radios in service that have been going in and out of burning buildings for 4 years with their original labels still attached and readable.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”