Peltor headset pump panel plug wiring

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RF_Burns

Peltor headset pump panel plug wiring

Post by RF_Burns »

I have a Peltor headset wired to a CDM1250 (Motorola content) through a Peltor FL050C0226 pump panel adapter. This adapter is the same as a portable radio adapter with the PTT button, but has an Amphenol 6 pin military style connector.

The wires were pulled off the panel side connector by a mechanic working on the truck. Wondering if anyone has the pinout for this. Peltor/3M says discontinued, not supported.

Thanks
RF_Burns

Re: Peltor headset pump panel plug wiring

Post by RF_Burns »

Further to the above post, I have figured out the Rx audio and PTT, but I have no microphone audio.
CircleBat

Post by CircleBat »

My suggestion is to take another maxtrac...Use the rear connectors and manually hook it up to the peltor headset... Then replace that amp connector with a nexus connector on the headset and pump panel

Circlebat
RF_Burns

Post by RF_Burns »

Thanks Circlebat,

You can't just hook the Peltor headset to the Motorola radio, the main reason is the Peltor headset uses dynamic microphones which have a very low output level. Peltor supplies an adapter for many radios which has a PTT button on it and a circuit board to adapt the microphone level as well as a cable with connector to match the radio. One of these adapters is called a Pump Panel adapter which has the Amp connector on the cable to plug into the pump panel, and the Nexus connector for the headset. It is the wiring on the Amp connector I need.

Problem is it is "No longer supported".

Thanks
CircleBat

Post by CircleBat »

take apart the peltor headset.. look at the connection.. wire it up to another maxtrac .. your going to do a Frankenstein jumpers from the back of the maxtrac to the peltor headset... look at the connection ..make it work it in the Frankenstein state, then look back at the pump panel connection. I can imagine the low audio on the dynamic mic..

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”