146.52 channel elements

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

George
What radios do you own?: X9000, HT1550XLS, MTS2000, etc

146.52 channel elements

Post by George »

I suppose this belongs in for sale, but I will ask anyway.

Does anyone have a set of 146.52 55 or similar channel elements for a Micor? I will work with either a base or mobile set.

Anyone?
fineshot1

Re: 146.52 channel elements

Post by fineshot1 »

Here is another web site to try - you have nothing to lose by trying.
Log on and place a want add in the For Sale/Trade/Wanted forum.
That's going to be a tough find.

http://www.radioinfoboard.com/index.php
fineshot1
NJ USA
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

Best bet is to find a set on Ebay and send them off to ICM for re-crystalling.
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

ICM no longer does temperature compensation on channel elements. They will sell you crystals but that's it. The guy who did all the temp comp retired at the end of 2016 and no one else who still works there knows how to do it.

One option is to get new crystals and add a crystal heater - such as the CH25 (google it) - to stabilize the element.

Bob M.
k2hz

Post by k2hz »

I have purchased crystals from ICM to recrystal Micor elements and I found the compensation to be good with the existing element components. Certainly good enough for ham use.

I have several in service in VHF voting receivers in a cabinet at an unheated site that have been in service for several years and the frequency has always been within about +/- 200 Hz.

I don't think I would risk it for UHF in a critical application but it has worked out good for me on VHF.
WB6NVH

Post by WB6NVH »

The next problem is that International is going out of business entirely in a matter of days. Doesn't leave many options.
codefoxed
New User

Post by codefoxed »

If you don't mind ordering internationally, QuartSLab may be able to make these. The key would be knowing what the crystal specs are, unless QSL already know them.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

kcbooboo wrote:ICM no longer does temperature compensation on channel elements. They will sell you crystals but that's it. The guy who did all the temp comp retired at the end of 2016 and no one else who still works there knows how to do it.
I sent a set of GE ICOMs in to be recrystalled up from 45/47 MHz to 6 meters in I want to say 2015 and the RX ICOM came back so far off it needed a 5C ICOM in the 2nd channel slot to pull it back on freq.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”