Planned MOL Outage in April

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

d119

Planned MOL Outage in April

Post by d119 »

April 6-13 MOL will be offline for major upgrades. A notice was sent out to us about this.

April 6-18 Order Management system will be offline as part of the same upgrade.

There ya go.
jry

Re: Planned MOL Outage in April

Post by jry »

It must be nice to be able to take two weeks off from your business and hope the customers do not wander off.
jry

Post by jry »

It must be nice to be able to take two weeks off from your business and hope the customers do not wander off.
steve220
New User

Post by steve220 »

Hi Everyone,

I got a notice about this last week. I can not believe that they could possibly think that this is a good idea.

From what I understand NOTHING will ship for those two weeks, maybe longer.

If that isn't just ignoring your customers, WHO PUT THEIR TRUST IN YOU & BUILT YOUR COMPANY, I don't know what is.

I thought i'd seen it all, I was wrong.
The Galviins are rolling in their graves.

Steve
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

jry wrote:It must be nice to be able to take two weeks off from your business and hope the customers do not wander off.
jry wrote:It must be nice to be able to take two weeks off from your business and hope the customers do not wander off.
You can say that again
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

Just another fine example of support that mother Motorola provides.

Most companies would bring up a new computer system in house and test it, then cut it over. But the great management of Motorola shines through as normal. Like "WE" don't have to supply parts while we upgrade our parts ordering system. The service shops can tell their customers they will just have to wait to get their radios and dispatch consoles repaired.

You can just imagine telling a Public Safety agency that they can't get their console repaired for 2 weeks. Yup, Motorola's CEO just proved he has a brain the size of a pea. No wonder the company is having money problems.

Jim
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

the 2 weeks of downtime will be nothing compared to the pain we're going to go through once the new system is up and being debugged for the next year.

it has been predicted.
NickH

Post by NickH »

RFguy wrote:the 2 weeks of downtime will be nothing compared to the pain we're going to go through once the new system is up and being debugged for the next year.

it has been predicted.
Yup... Not looking forward to it a all!
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

I am all for the upgrade. They are using a version of Oracle on the backend that was out of support in 2012.
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

steve220 wrote:WHO PUT THEIR TRUST IN YOU
Put your trust in Motorola? Why the hell would you do that?

I mean besides complete lack of familiarity with their track record.

On the good side, maybe they can finally get rid of this on their site (but I'm not holding my breath):

"This site is best viewed using Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0+."

The sign of novice web designers for 20 years.
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

escomm wrote:I am all for the upgrade. They are using a version of Oracle on the backend that was out of support in 2012.
I guess they finally noticed that Oracle that old doesn't work for Win10 computers.
CircleBat

Post by CircleBat »

more than an outage... more of a house cleaning and layoffs since Motorola has been taking a beating for a longtime and might be a takeover.. my thoughts

CircleBat
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

No mention of the Depot also being offline from 04/07 - 04/18? That one was the real kick in the cojones.

Maybe they're moving it back to the US under the threat of a NAFTA renegotiation and the border wall making it uneconomical to do business in Mexico? Naahhh...
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

I believe the depot is open, but you need to send the radios in with the manual form. Good luck with them not getting lost!!
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

First missed deadline. More to come, I'm sure.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Second missed deadline. So far the only thing that has gone according to plan was the servers being taken down
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

You can sign in as of this AM.
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
jpu535

Post by jpu535 »

The depot is open. I just received an email from them 15 minutes ago regarding a radio I have down there for repair. They did send me a link to an excel form to manually fill out and send in with the radios that need repair.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

As of today, depot repair submission through MOL is STILL down. I was told that repair requests would have to be submitted by phone call to the 800 number for shipping labels to be created (for those of you who have contract or RSA repair status.)
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

motorola_otaku wrote:As of today, depot repair submission through MOL is STILL down. I was told that repair requests would have to be submitted by phone call to the 800 number for shipping labels to be created (for those of you who have contract or RSA repair status.)
Try using MSIE.... I was able to make work tickets on MOL a couple days, but it was impossible to do so with Chrome or Firefox. MSIE 8 worked great lmao
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

escomm wrote:
motorola_otaku wrote:As of today, depot repair submission through MOL is STILL down. I was told that repair requests would have to be submitted by phone call to the 800 number for shipping labels to be created (for those of you who have contract or RSA repair status.)
Try using MSIE.... I was able to make work tickets on MOL a couple days, but it was impossible to do so with Chrome or Firefox. MSIE 8 worked great lmao
Tried that... IE in Compatibility View per Motorola's recommendation still didn't work, and of course I can't downgrade IE versions due to policy restrictions.

oh Motorola why are you so uniformly bad at coding
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

As part of their growth strategy, they're abandoning the radio business and opening a nursery school
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

Hah, sounds about right.

Latest turn in the saga... now the web submission form works (ONLY in IE, and ONLY in Compatibility View) but somewhere along the way the RSA Comprehensive status for all of our portable subscribers was lost. Forehead, meet wall.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”