MOL Accounts Thing Of Past

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

twowaytekk

MOL Accounts Thing Of Past

Post by twowaytekk »

I tried buying CPS this morning for a fleet of 70 XTS5000. I noticed I was not able to buy anything on MOL. I called Motorola and after some bouncing around I was told they are closing MOL sales accounts and moving them over to "Partner Support." I now have to fill out another application and hope I can purchase parts, even though I have been making purchases and have signed software agreement. Below is the letter I received from Motorola. This is rediculous. They could have easily moved all the MOL accounts over if they had wanted to.

Dear Motorola Accessories and Aftermarket Division Reseller:

Motorola would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your participation and support as a channel partner within the Open Reseller Accessories and Aftermarket channel and to let you know about the changes Motorola Solutions, Inc. (“Motorola”) is making to its go-to-market strategy.

Please be advised that Motorola is launching a new Accessory & Energy Authorized Reseller Channel Program (“Program”) under Motorola’s existing PartnerEmpower™ Program. The launch of this Program will have an impact on your relationship with Motorola and how you procure accessories and batteries going forward.

Motorola is decommissioning the existing Open Reseller Accessories and Aftermarket channel effective June 30, 2016 with all accounts being deactivated on that date. Any orders placed during this transitional period must be shipped from Motorola no later than COB on June 30th 2016. Any order that has not shipped by this date will be cancelled.

Concurrently, all Open Reseller Accessories and Aftermarket resellers will be given the opportunity to apply for acceptance into the new Accessory & Energy Authorized Reseller Program by completing the on-line application located here. If your application is approved for participation into the new Program, which will be determined through a selection process based on Motorola Solutions business criteria, your organization will then have the ability to “click accept” the Accessory and Energy Authorized Reseller Agreement. This agreement will authorize you access to Motorola’s batteries and accessories through a Motorola Solutions Accessory & Energy Authorized Distributor.

The Accessory & Energy Distributor for this Program is United Communications Corporation (“UCC”) which is located in St. Charles, Missouri. All product procurement and management of the Program will be conducted through UCC. Their contact information is: Tel: (888) 763-7550, ext. 101, or http://www.uccwireless.com.

Any questions you may have during the transitional period may be addressed with Motorola’s Customer Service Team at (800) 927-2744, or partners.na@motorolasolutions.com.

Again, Motorola Solutions greatly appreciates the relationships with our customers and partners, and we hope that you consider applying to this new and exciting channel Program.

Sincerely,

Motorola Solutions Accessory & Energy Channel Team
d119

Re: MOL Accounts Thing Of Past

Post by d119 »

That's a bit misleading of a title, isn't it? Us PSP/SST folks that work at an MSS still have full access...

Not to mention this situation was discussed on here last year as I recall.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

twowaytekk wrote:Motorola is decommissioning the existing Open Reseller Accessories and Aftermarket channel effective June 30, 2016 with all accounts being deactivated on that date.
I note the notice is a year old.
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Post by KG4INW »

escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

But you still need the MOL account to buy CPS and UCC can't sell the CPS.

Motorola has no leadership, their customer service representatives do not even comprehend basic english

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”