battery eliminator MTS/HT blowing fuse

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dvpman

battery eliminator MTS/HT blowing fuse

Post by dvpman »

Hi,

I have a RLN4335A battery eliminator with the cig lighter plug that keeps blowing the internal fuse. Any else have this problem and can offer some advice?

Thanks
RFguy

Re: battery eliminator MTS/HT blowing fuse

Post by RFguy »

What size is the internal fuse? Is this the fuse in the lighter plug?
dvpman

Post by dvpman »

It's a 2 amp fuse and yes in the tip of the lighter plug.
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

dvpman wrote:Hi,

I have a RLN4335A battery eliminator with the cig lighter plug that keeps blowing the internal fuse. Any else have this problem and can offer some advice?

Thanks
Yes - i have seen this before when the portable is turned on before inserting the cla plug.
The amount of current exceeds the fuse rating. This would be for both the battery charging
and the radio current draw. Make certain the radio is turned off before inserting the plug.
fineshot1
NJ USA
dvpman

Post by dvpman »

That would be the issue.

Last time the fuse blew, I had taken the battery off and used the eliminator and not turned the radio off.

Will have to remember that and buy a pack of fuses for when I don't.

Appreciate the responses.

Mike
fineshot1 wrote:
dvpman wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Yes - i have seen this before when the portable is turned on before inserting the cla plug.
The amount of current exceeds the fuse rating. This would be for both the battery charging
and the radio current draw. Make certain the radio is turned off before inserting the plug.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”