CDM 1550 lights not working at all

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Amirhhassani
New User

CDM 1550 lights not working at all

Post by Amirhhassani »

hey guys, so i couldnt figure this issue out yet. i have a cdm 1550 and all the lights are out; scan light, channel busy light, open monitor, and all the green background light! im using remote head and i tested it with another radio, it works perfect! all the lights and everything come up. but as soon as i hook it up to the other radio, none of the lights work! using the same flex and cables and... so i dont think its a flex issue! i appreciate it if anyone has any comment?
jackhackett

Re: CDM 1550 lights not working at all

Post by jackhackett »

The three most likely things are:
1) Radio programmed for 'follow ignition only' and no ignition sense connected.
2) Bad reference oscillator. The 16.8MHz oscillator goes bad and the radio will not power up.
3) Blown control head power fuse. Small surface mount fuse or some cases a thin circuit board trace provides 12 volts to the control head.

See these two threads:
http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=109565
http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=110324
Amirhhassani
New User

Post by Amirhhassani »

tnx for replying. so the radio works by itself! i hear all the traffic and... just lights are not working! and its programmed to follow ignition and on/off.
so the only one that might be correct is 3 which i dont know to fix that fuse!
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

The location of that fuse depends on which circuit board the radio has. Can you tell us the model number of the radio?
Amirhhassani
New User

Post by Amirhhassani »

AAM25KKF9AA5AN
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

This should be where the fuse F0401 is, near the connector that the control head plugs into. It's a 3A surface mount fuse. It can be tested with an ohmmeter (with power disconnected from the radio of course).

Amirhhassani
New User

Post by Amirhhassani »

couldnt find it, would you please post a picture?
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

Sorry, I did try to post a picture, but apparently photobucket won't let you share pictures without paying anymore(at $40/month... not going to happen), and batboard has no way to upload pictures. I'll see if I can figure something else out.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

imgur.com is free and reliable.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”