HMN9416 / HMN3141

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Shuttle

HMN9416 / HMN3141

Post by Shuttle »

Hi,
I'm under the impression that the handsets mentiones in the topic are one and same.
I'm trying to interface said handsets with a simico srm1000 tetra terminal. However, the srm needs mic and earphone gnd to both be separate from ptt and hook ground.
I tried googling for a schematic to no avail. Is there a schematic available?
The pcb inside the handset seems versatile but is mostly unpopulated
train_radio_guy

Re: HMN9416 / HMN3141

Post by train_radio_guy »

I believe HMN9416 / HMN3141 Handset is a 'water-down' version, or a foundational/base model, on-which Motorola built the cellular handsets, for their transportable/mobile/bag phones, during the AMPS/Analog Cellular Days. I've heard of a LMR equivalent with an actual DTMF Keypad integrated into the handset, but I've never seen one. The Mechanical Exploded View indicates, at least the presence of holes in the framework structure, which suggests Motorola had other applications in-mind.

As for the schematic diagram, I could have sworn it came with the handset, as part of a 3-page sheet, but I can't find it either. I'll do some digging, and post a scan of it, once I can locate it.

- trg, 8)
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing!" - Sledge Hammer

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”