MCS2000 firmware upgrades

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mogman

MCS2000 firmware upgrades

Post by mogman »

I am curious, did the MCS have an upgrade "kit" like the Waris series, also can the same flash adapter be used to put it into programming mode? if so where can I find the pin-out for the RIB to accessory cable?
AD0JA
What radios do you own?: APX6000, APX7000, Quantar, XPR

Re: MCS2000 firmware upgrades

Post by AD0JA »

The MCS2000 uses a SmartRIB, a flashkey, and a CVN file. Latest firmware is R08.??

So far no one has found any other way around this aside from making a UniRIB and flashing it into a European model
mogman

Post by mogman »

Thanks, I was just curious, got a short stack of these recently, they are running 5.6 so at least they are not too far behind, will probably do whatever is needed of them.
AD0JA
What radios do you own?: APX6000, APX7000, Quantar, XPR

Post by AD0JA »

Yeah mine are actually around the same version. They're mid power UHF S split ones and I've had no problems at all with them. You should be fine with that firmware revision.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”