XPR7550 battery - steady red/ flashing red??

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

g8tzl2004

XPR7550 battery - steady red/ flashing red??

Post by g8tzl2004 »

I have an XPR7550 Impres lithium battery that is steady red for say 3 seconds (sometimes longer) and then flashing red for say 6 seconds (sometimes longer).

The battery info screen is displaying "recondition battery".

I have put the radio through an orange (yellow?) recondition cycle - the orange LED lights up, then after a couple of hours it turns steady red for a couple of hours BUT instead of flashing green and then steady green, I get a flashing red/steady red LED?

I have just done the same with an identical battery and I got the expected recondition cycle ending in steady green with battery info then displayed.

What's wrong with this steady red/ flashing red battery? The radio works OK and the battery appears to be charging OK...it just does not finish its cycle...maybe it should be going to flashing green but something is corrupted in the battery Impres circuit so I get the flashing red/steady red?

Any ideas?
CircleBat

Re: XPR7550 battery - steady red/ flashing red??

Post by CircleBat »

Use a cadex analyzer to analyze these batteries... I find the impress indicator is not that really accurate...

Circlebat

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”