Rapid Charger flashing red green

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

andyh
New User

Rapid Charger flashing red green

Post by andyh »

Hi, my last but one standard charger has just died so I have dug out an HTN9803C rapid charger. I don't like rapid chargers, however 1 GP300 charged successfully, but the next one I tried the charger flashes red / green. I have spent ages looking for manual / description etc but no luck. Any ideas what this means?

Ta, Andy.
motorola_otaku

Re: Rapid Charger flashing red green

Post by motorola_otaku »

Red/green in the Impres world means the battery has reached the end of its life cycle.
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

motorola_otaku wrote:Red/green in the Impres world means the battery has reached the end of its life cycle.
I have some of these red/green Impres batteries. For ham radio use, I still get a full day, plus. But in the business/LE world, it's time to toss them. GARY
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

GP300s never had Impres, can't say I recall a non-Impres charger ever alternating between red and green though. Almost certainly a bad battery, perhaps rapidly alternating between rapid charge and complete because the cells are shot ?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”