NNTN4503 HT1550 FPP Red Battery Discontinued

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jpu535

NNTN4503 HT1550 FPP Red Battery Discontinued

Post by jpu535 »

I didn't want to resurrect a 5 year old thread so I figured I would start a new one.

I was looking to order some HT1550 FPP batteries and when I checked on MOL last month, early September, they were there. Well, I got distracted and didn't get a chance to order them. When I checked again yesterday they were gone. I called Motorola and was told they were discontinued at the end of September.
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Re: NNTN4503 HT1550 FPP Red Battery Discontinued

Post by com501 »

Great. Good thing I sold my 1550 last winter. Now we need the Chinese to build a replacement.
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

But I've seen radios for sale that act like the red battery is attatched, but isn't. Someone has figured a way to make the radios FPP with a normal battery. GARY.
W3AXL
What radios do you own?: an unhealthy amount of them

Post by W3AXL »

The red battery is simply a 1-wire dallas device with specific bits enabled to signify that it's a red battery. It's been a while since I did any research, but IIRC the standard 1250/1550 batteries also have this chip and it's just a matter of the programming that makes the difference.

The modifications that are available on eBay most likely just attach the 1-wire chip directly to the battery contacts inside the radio. As far as I know nobody has cracked the Waris series firmware to do the FPP mod in software only.
jry

Post by jry »

no the ebay mod is actually a firmware update to bypass the chip.
believe the person doing that is on the forum and you may find the responses with a search

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”