GM300 Mod levels

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sambo521
New User

GM300 Mod levels

Post by sambo521 »

Hey Guys,
I have two GM300 vhf radios that appears to be setup for 12.5Khz spacing.
The mod measures 2.5Khz on my service monitor, and going into mod alignment in RSS I max out the mod and all I get is +/- 3khz deviation.
The model number of both radios are: M43GMC29C2AA with a HLD8031A RF Board.
This should be a +/-5Khz capable radio unless I'm missing something.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

P.S. It's entirely possible someone has altered these radios either by software or physically.
Sam Hunter
jackhackett

Re: GM300 Mod levels

Post by jackhackett »

There should be two pots on the RF board, R164 for Reference Mod and R302 for VCO Mod. You may just have to adjust them, but if someone did a conversion on it they would probably have changed some of the associated fixed resistors. As I recall they didn't generally go all the way down to 2.5kHz without changing some resistors.
If it was converted it would probably also have the IF filters changed as well. Have a look here and see if the radio has the D or F filters (should be marked on them) and check the resistor values against the charts.

http://www.repeater-builder.com/motorol ... -kits.html

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”