Mts2000 fail 01/82 help

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

LFD57
New User

Mts2000 fail 01/82 help

Post by LFD57 »

Hello all, recently got an MTS2000 UHF to program up for my 3y/o to carry around like the one I got his older brother. Radio arrived in working condition. After connecting to the computer I was able to read the radio without issues. After removing 2 of the 3 banks I wrote the radio and now have a fail 01/82 code. I've been trying for hours now to write the original codeplug that I saved after reading with no luck recovering it. Does anyone have any further ideas or able to help me recover it?

Thank you in advance for any feedback.
jpu535

Re: Mts2000 fail 01/82 help

Post by jpu535 »

Have you tried a new fresh battery in the rib box? Are you using OEM Motorola cables and a rib? I believe 01/82 is an external checksum error. Maybe also check your cable connections. If you're using after market stuff some people have good luck with them others not so much.
LFD57
New User

Re: Mts2000 fail 01/82 help

Post by LFD57 »

OEM cable and rib is a PA-II with 110 power source. Can talk to other MTS's with no issues

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”