Ef Johnson 5100 Battery Problem

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Elkland1
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Kenwood, Baofeng,TYT

Ef Johnson 5100 Battery Problem

Post by Elkland1 »

Recently acquired a vhf 5100. Battery that came with it was udder rubbish but lasted long enough till a new battery came. Radio was working great though. After some use with the bad battery(just a bad lock on it) the radio started to not transmit audio and no digital signal. A little tap on it and it was working again. Then the lock on the battery broke and I tried to hold it on the radio. I noticed it took a lot of pressure for the ht to turn on. New battery came today, put it on, radio doesn’t turn on. Battery is good. I apply a lot of pressure and radio boots then freezes on the radio check screen. Doesn’t turn off till battery is removed. Just wondering what in the world is going on with this radio.. seems like something just isn’t making contact somewhere.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”