Syntor X Low Band Wide Band Antenna Coils

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jpu535

Syntor X Low Band Wide Band Antenna Coils

Post by jpu535 »

I'm looking for help locating reference material for the wide band antenna coils that were sold as options for the low band Syntor X radio. I have three (3) coils, the ones that look like silver soup cans, and only one has a readable part number tag showing HAB1005A. I have two (2) others with tags, one unreadable and the other shows HAB10xx but the rest is unreadable. I know the option numbers were W652AA for the 33-43 MHz, W921AA for the 37-49 MHz, and W922AA for the 29.7-38 MHz version. I was trying to determine which HABxxxx part number corresponded to what frequency and if anyone has any archived literature. Two of the cans are written on in pencil 33-43 and 37-47 but the third has no writing on it at all other than the tag. I did find a 3 page pamphlet on another site but it really doesn't list part numbers. An old price book from 2001 only lists a HAB1003 and refers to it as a Diplexer.

Oddly enough I remember installing these on the shop owners truck when I worked for him and the two with pencil writing on them were configured to work on one radio with a "T" connector.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe
Jim202

Re: Syntor X Low Band Wide Band Antenna Coils

Post by Jim202 »

Sometimes the model number is on the inside of the coil on the bottom. Turn the coils upside down and look inside the base of the coil.

You have my curiosity up on this one. Just what are you trying to do? Are you planning to use the radio on the split frequencies for transmitting?
jpu535

Post by jpu535 »

I took a picture so people can see what these things are. I hope it shows up.

https://imgur.com/a/4lDoV

https://imgur.com/a/FxdiA

The picture of the board shows a part number HAB4001 and that is on the can rated for 37 to 49 MHZ.

I sold the radio that these were used on at a ham fest in New Hampshire this fall so I have no radio to mate them with. My intent was to figure out the specifications and see if they had any value.
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

37-49 was used by CL&P now eversource for long time still is. GE also had a version
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

Looking at the design in your second picture it's rather like the circuit used for two frequency low band short whip operation published in one of the old ARRL handbooks.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”