MC2100 external modulation input

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

doi

MC2100 external modulation input

Post by doi »

Hi all,

I want to use a MC2100 UHF radio as a transmitter for a digital voice ham radio MMDVM based repeater. It's not the first repeater I'm making but there's a thing. While on other Jedi radios like the GM900, or even the GM1200 that i've flashed the MC2100 from, pin 24 - AUX TX IN2 works great as an input for the external modulation signal. It's wideband, no pre-emphasis etc. Problem is that for all the other radios save from the MC2100, I could find somewhere in the RSS how to enable this input. So my repeater obviously doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to enable the 24 AUX TX IN2 external modulation input for the MC2100? Or where to input the signal so it actually modulates the carrier? That is apart from the MIC IN or EXTERNAL MIC IN inputs, where the signal modulates the carrier, but even though the inputs are not pre-emphasized, they lack the necessary bandwidth for the modulation signal.

And the most annoying thing is that in tune mode the signal gets through. So, apart from putting the radio in tune mode or flashing it back to GM1200, what else is there to do?

Dan
YO2LLQ
see you
dan yo2llq

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”