MDC Call Decoding

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Elkland1
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Kenwood, Baofeng,TYT

MDC Call Decoding

Post by Elkland1 »

Is there anyway that a MDC call alert can be decoded? Would like to program my HT for our station with the MDC instead of quick call. I’m aware that the HTs will not show the call alert info, but is their any computer programs that might do it? Thanks
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: MDC Call Decoding

Post by SteveC0625 »

Elkland1 wrote:Is there anyway that a MDC call alert can be decoded? Would like to program my HT for our station with the MDC instead of quick call. I’m aware that the HTs will not show the call alert info, but is their any computer programs that might do it? Thanks
I hate to be the one to say this, but without knowing the make, model, and model number of the radio, it is not possible to give you a useful answer.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Yes, there are MDC1200 decoder apps for SDR's. A quick Google search for "decode MDC1200" will yield tons of hits.
Elkland1
New User

Post by Elkland1 »

I’m using an EX560XLS. It is capable of receiving MDC call alerts. But I need to decode our station MDC call alert numbers in order to program them my HT.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

Elkland1 wrote:I’m using an EX560XLS. It is capable of receiving MDC call alerts. But I need to decode our station MDC call alert numbers in order to program them my HT.
Do you have the programming software and cable for the EX560? If you, it should be a simple matter of enabling MDC decode on it and then note each call as it is received and displayed.

Is your "HT" a different radio from the EX560?
Elkland1
New User

Post by Elkland1 »

I do have the cable and software. MDC decode is enabled, but will only decode unit IDs and not call alerts.
Elkland1
New User

Post by Elkland1 »

I should reword this, looking for a way to decode an MDC alert call in order to put it into my handheld..

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”