Conventional P25 radio

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Conventional P25 radio

Post by RadioSouth »

Hi guys,
Alright I'm still in an Conventional Analog world on my Moto stuff but recently had a couple of the VHF channels I like to listen to go P25 Conventional and I'm looking to get something to monitor. I've been seeing non display XTS1500's and 5000's on Ebay at the sub $150. mark that might fit the bill. Anything I need to look for other that the radio having an IMBE flash ?
(do I need a BN over AN radio, assuming Phase 2 and 8400 Baud refer to trunking functions and not relevant for my basic conventional usage) ?
W3AXL
What radios do you own?: an unhealthy amount of them

Re: Conventional P25 radio

Post by W3AXL »

Any 1500, 2500, or 5000 should do P25 just fine. If you can, check the flashcode on the back of the radio to make sure it's got Astro in the flash, using the akardam tools. Other than that for basic conventional P25 you shouldn't need anything else.
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

Many radios today have been "upgraded" so the flash code printed on the back is not what's actually in the radio. BN won't be any better than AN for what you need. Heck, even an Astro Saber, or XTS3000 would work fine for what you need as long as it has Imbe. GARY.
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Thanks Guys !

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”