Motorola cb1137

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KF5ZUO
New User
What radios do you own?: Too many to list

Motorola cb1137

Post by KF5ZUO »

Howdy folks new here and have a problem with a cb1137. I have two of them. One works great but I lost the mic. I'm trying to replace the mic jack with a realistic din type. I soldered the new jack in and I put each wire on the corresponding pins. The mic I am using is a realistic power mic. I disconnected the interal battery and used the voltage off pin 1to power the mic. Sounded like a good idea, but now it won't key up. I can't find much info on the net about this unit except some pictures. Any ideas what to do or where to search? I'm not sure of the exact model number. The data plate just says cb1137. It's a am/ ssb 11m mobile. It used to get great audio reports and I really want to see it working again. Thanks
RFguy

Re: Motorola cb1137

Post by RFguy »

KF5ZUO
New User
What radios do you own?: Too many to list

Post by KF5ZUO »

That's her. I found that video also. Nice to see someone else also has seen one. Still no other information found though. Would like to know what years this model was made and also find a service manual. Thanks
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

This is as close as I could find using a google search - hope that is close enough for you - good luck

https://www.samswebsite.com/en/photofac ... /id/103289
fineshot1
NJ USA
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

Motorola radios use an electret condenser proprietary mike. Hard to find. I don't know of anyone swapping the mike out.
jry

Post by jry »

they used a low impedance microphone ( amplified ) just like the standard two way version.

Used an odd ball connector on the CB's but the microphone and connector were consistent internally across the generation of Motorola CB's ...MOCAT and later System 500.

The SAM's manual has the schematic and alignment

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”