Motorola transistorized radio phone

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Vicsauce
New User

Motorola transistorized radio phone

Post by Vicsauce »

Found one in my dad's garage. Wondering the value.
https://goo.gl/images/mLkHGk
WA6OXN
What radios do you own?: Saber, Astro Saber, Micor, Mot

Re: Motorola transistorized radio phone

Post by WA6OXN »

depends, was there anything else with it like the control cable or the control head?
WA6OXN
What radios do you own?: Saber, Astro Saber, Micor, Mot

Post by WA6OXN »

depends, was there anything else with it like the control cable or the control head?
WB6NVH

Post by WB6NVH »

Quite. The value is in the head and cables, and the mounting rack, and then only to police motorcycle restorers. I have bought plain radio drawers like this in the past on eBay for $ 20-30, and that was before it became impossible to get crystals at a decent price if at all.
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

WB6NVH wrote:and that was before it became impossible to get crystals at a decent price if at all.
I am told that bomar is back in business to supply crystals
fineshot1
NJ USA
NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Post by NSPD »

I have several of these in my garage in rather poor condition, one with cables and control head.
Jake
WB6NVH

Post by WB6NVH »

Yes, Bomar says they will make crystals, but the key is "at a decent price." $ 50+ per crystal is a bit much, but then I am a cheap old ham. Quartslab in the UK may be an alternative but I have not tried them.
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

WB6NVH wrote:Yes, Bomar says they will make crystals, but the key is "at a decent price." $ 50+ per crystal is a bit much, but then I am a cheap old ham. Quartslab in the UK may be an alternative but I have not tried them.
I know about Quartslab and purposely mentioned this so others could be aware of the onshore alternative which until bomar got back to business did not exist. Yes bomar is pricey but made in usa is golden as far as i am concerned.
fineshot1
NJ USA

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”