Motorola GLN 6323 E Charger

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

udiver
New User

Motorola GLN 6323 E Charger

Post by udiver »

I was able to find a Motorola MX300-R battery (NLN 9726 C) recently and it came along with this charger, does anyone have more info on the charger? If I'm not mistaken the GLN part numbers were used for the European market as opposed to NLN in North America.

Cosmetically it looks identical to other 1hr MX300 series single unit chargers like the NLN 4038 A (115V) and NLN 8858 A (230V).

The difference is the output of 7.5V/1.5A instead of 10.6V/1.6A. This would not make it suitable for charging the 7.5 volt MX300-R battery, correct?

Also any idea on what "FOR EX BATTERY ONLY" means?

Karl NVW

Re: Motorola GLN 6323 E Charger

Post by Karl NVW »

The charger requires a 220 VAC 50 Hz input and the cord has the European plug. It will not charge the battery if plugged into 120 VAC power available here in the USA using a travel adaptor. Just a hunch that the EX relates to an 'extended' duty 10+ hour 5-5-90 battery, which is taller than the standard duty package. But it's been 44 years since the first MX radios debuted here in the USA, so my memory might be a bit cloudy.
Karl - WA8NVW AFA5VB
SHARES + NCS
MotoFAN
What radios do you own?: Approx. 50: Moto & Kenwood

Post by MotoFAN »

EX is an abbreviation usually used for ATEX communications equipment. ATEX = Equipment for potentially explosive atmospheres. But ATEX directives are relatively new and was introduced only in '94. But MX-300 radios are much older, AFAIK.
I am biggest fan of XTS2500 and ASTRO Digital Saber.
udiver
New User

Post by udiver »

Thanks for the replies.
Karl NVW wrote:The charger requires a 220 VAC 50 Hz input and the cord has the European plug. It will not charge the battery if plugged into 120 VAC power available here in the USA using a travel adaptor.
I'm in Europe so that's not an issue but since the charger output is 7.5v can it charge that 7.5v battery? Doesn't the charger voltage have to be greater in order to charge?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”