Which RSS # for a Syntor X9000 VHF ?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

foxd

Which RSS # for a Syntor X9000 VHF ?

Post by foxd »

A nearby MOTO radio shop is willing to program my Syntor X9000 VHF, HCN1036E head & T43KEJ7J04AK, they have the hardware they say, but they said they didn't know which RSS number to use. Can anyone provide the Motorola RSS NUMBER for me to tell the shop?
Thanks!
D. Fox
K1DMF
Hillsboro Beach, Fl.
ARRL - PIO N.Broward Co.
Comm. Dir. - Deerfield Beach - CERT
SKYWARN - ARES - RACES
Monty
Administrator

Post by Monty »

HI:

VEr 6.00.00 will work very well on a 386

Monty
kc7gr
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Sunair (HF).

Re: Which RSS # for a Syntor X9000 VHF ?

Post by kc7gr »

foxd wrote:A nearby MOTO radio shop is willing to program my Syntor X9000 VHF, HCN1036E head & T43KEJ7J04AK, they have the hardware they say, but they said they didn't know which RSS number to use. Can anyone provide the Motorola RSS NUMBER for me to tell the shop?
What, you didn't want to ship it all the way to WA state for me to program? ;-)

Bear in mind that, last time I checked, there were two versions of Syntor X9000 RSS around; The 'official' version, RVN4007E, and a special 'Ham' version which I don't think ever had an official part number.

The official version may have problems with ham frequencies. The ham version, of course, has no issue at all. I have both here, but I cannot provide a copy due to the usual Motorola licensing agreement. I value my hide and my equipment far too much to risk the wrath of their lawyers.

If your local shop wants to give it a go-round, you can ask them to order RVN4007E.

Then again, perhaps someone on the board knows how to modify the official version for ham frequencies?

73 de KC7GR
kc7gr
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Sunair (HF).

Aha! An experiment (apparently) succeeds!

Post by kc7gr »

Wellllll, it seems I may have been a bit premature in stating the the current SX9K RSS version, RVN4007E, could have problems with ham frequencies. I just tried building a sample codeplug with six-meter freqs, and I found that the software will accept the entries. It will, however, complain that the selected frequency is outside of the radio's specified band.

As near as I've been able to tell so far, complaining is all it does. It doesn't seem to require the shift-key trick. Perhaps someone in Moto's programming crew decided to make it a little easier for us hams...?

Anyway; FoxD, I'd say it's worth a try to get your local shop to order the software and see if they can load your desired freqs.

Good luck.

73 de KC7GR
KE9GK

Post by KE9GK »

After reading all the posts I was re living all my initial 9000 problems, so here is the knowledge I have thus far (that seems to work for me)

ver 6.00 will program your tray down to 145.00 (and no further) in the 150-174 band split. Ater attempting to select a lower split and do amateur freqs in the 145 mhz band, I had trouble with VCO steering voltages and it would not lock on any freqs.(even above 150 mhz) which could just be the tray I have, but it ocurred on more than one, so I am not sure.

As far as the special service package amateur software goes, there is no special # that comes to mind, but I will check on that for you. Generally what big brother M did in this RSS was add a range 1 to the software's existing splits which encompasses the amateur bands and the business bands, and to my knowledge changes VCO steering voltages to accomodate the extended ranges. It does work quite well, and I know this because it is what I currently have my gear programmed with.

Now, a few words of caution. If you plan to use full featured securenet in your tray the special service software will not allow it, but will allow basic securenet. Also, some of the dtmf, accessory board, and siren features have limited menus as compared to the 6.00 commercial software but all basic functions are intact. The control head program in the special service software also has fewer options that one can program as compared to its commercial brother, therefore what I did was to program the tray with the special service RSS and program the head with 6.00 RSS. This combination has proven reliable for over 4 months now and I have not had one single glitch in my radio's functions
HOPE THIS HELPS!!!
DON

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”