SCOTT Envoy Mask-to-Radio interfaces.....

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

SCOTT Envoy Mask-to-Radio interfaces.....

Post by nmfire10 »

Does anyone else use theses things?

http://www.scotthealthsafety.com/hs...d/6101B_101.pdf

First, let me say that while you are actually using this for SCBA communications, it is PHENOMENAL!! 200% improvement in communications. The little speaker thing for talking to people face to face is great too.

Now, the problem... It also can function as a regular "lapel mic" or speaker/mic (whatever you want to call it) when not wearing an SCBA mask. Gee, that sounds wonderful, kill two birds with one stone. However, we have found that the audio from the speaker and the transmitted audio are VERY low. Like, low enough that the thing is just about useless as a speaker/mic. There is no way it is supposed to be like that. Before I start playing phone tag and going back and fourth with 50 different service centers and manufacturers, has anyone else had this problem and gotten it fixed? What exactly was the problem and was it covered by warrenty? If not under warrenty, how much was it?

Thanks!!
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
fireradio
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Various APX series

Post by fireradio »

We use 'em on our system (digital) with XTS3000s, and every once in a while you'll get the inevitable person that has low audio, but it doesn't seem to be anything consistent... sorry I can't be of more help!
OSS
"Keeping public safety on the air..."
AngelFire_91

Post by AngelFire_91 »

We use these and the little speaker for Face to face. I think they are absolutly wounderful. We haven't had any problems with them and we will occasionaly have low audio but it's nothing that bad, it's still readable. We do have some people that think they still have to yell into it though and it cause's some distortion in the audio. Were using SCOTT 4.5's and XTS3000 on a Digital 800 system. Let me tell you what's funny with those though. When someone accidentaly key's there radio while trying to dig through a search or wrestle a hose through a house with one of the mic's attached to the mask, You get some very funny phrases and comments come out of peoples mouths with out them knowing about it.
Kevin

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”