ASTRO HAM Repeaters

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ssybert

ASTRO HAM Repeaters

Post by ssybert »

I know this topic has been covered before, but there's really no good reference point for where in the US these repeaters are. I live on the East Coast. Specifically Southern NH/Massachusetts. I've scoured the internet looking for some Digital repeaters around here or even somewhat close to around here and have found nothing. Does anyone know of a national reference of IMBE repeaters? How about some specific ones? I can't find ANYTHING!! Just the Rocky Mountain club and maybe one other out West.

Thanks Everyone.

If alot of people know of different repeaters, I'll compile the list and put it up on my website.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

FWIW, I don't think there are any -

I haven't heard of any at all in the area (i'm there usually during most major family holidays...)

If you find otherwise, I'd be interested.

-Alex
nc5p
What radios do you own?: XPR5550 XTL5000 XTS2500(V&U)

Post by nc5p »

There are only a few stations in this area with astro radios. One of them used to work for Motorola. I know an ARES guy who is trying to get some surplus Astro Sabers for his SAR guys to use. The cost of a used Quantar repeater on ebay ($5000 or thereabouts) makes a repeater pretty much out of the question (for most) at this point, unless somebody can get one out of gov. surplus before it goes to auction. (ARES, RACES, MARS, etc.) As more people acquire the surplus radios it should help the situation. Personally I can't afford the Astro stuff, so I have stuck with analog Spectras, HT-1000, etc. Now that we have been told that MARS will have to convert to narrow/P-25 in a few years, I will start looking for Astro gear.

Another thing worth considering for hams is a linear translator. Sandia Labs was working on a design for DOE to use, so they can run anything through it. You could run Aegis, Pro Voice, SSB, AM, whatever. They were talking through the prototype with Astro Sabers. I believe there are some 2m ham translators on the air out in CA. If there's one in your area you're all set. You could build such a machine with parts from Mini-circuits for a fraction of what a Quantar costs on ebay.

Doug
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

there is an dual mode 2 meter repeater in St marys, GA thats IBME and Analog..
clavo
Worse than Cowthief

astro repeaters

Post by clavo »

There are 2 in the Chicago area that are full apco25.

-c
Cipher77

Post by Cipher77 »

The 3 in NW Chicago suburbs are 442.900 (FISHFAR) 443.15 (CATFAR) & MOTO 2 all are analog & IMBE.
AngelFire_91

Post by AngelFire_91 »

I know of 1 here in Colorado that's VHF.
Kevin
RocketNJ

Post by RocketNJ »

Two in northern New Jersey.

George
mikerabbit

Post by mikerabbit »

Rocket,
What are the repeaters in NJ. Freqs Club, location?
Mike
Jay
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jay »

None here in VA, yet.

Why dont we make a informal directory of known astro repeaters and system parameters? (call, location, pl, nac, etc).

Jay

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”