MCS2000 out of band HELP

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

motisking
Batboard $upporter

MCS2000 out of band HELP

Post by motisking »

OK. After trying two methods to take an MCS2000 (model # MM01KLN9PW6AN) down to 144 MHz operations I surrender...

Method # 1 - The old hold down the shift key trick. NOPE

Method # 2 - Hex editor - I cannot find the band limit field.

I am I just doing something wrong or what?

P.S. I am using the latest RSS. (CPS 01.10.00 and DOS R05.07.00)
wavetar
Administrator

Re: MCS2000 out of band HELP

Post by wavetar »

motisking wrote:
I am I just doing something wrong or what?

Must be. I found the bandsplits no problem, following the MTSX instructions. In DOS 5.07.00, I found the bandsplit on line 000180E0, and the lower frequency limit on line 000186D0. Change the "34" to a "32" to lower the 146 to 144. You can use a lower value in place of "32", depending on how far down you want to go. I don't have a 146-174MHz codeplug to try this out with. You could email it to me if you wish.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
motisking
Batboard $upporter

Thanks Wavetar

Post by motisking »

Thanks Wavetar !

I am not that computer / hex editor savvy , which Wavetar was kind enough to point out, but with a few minutes of help he pointed out that the MCS.ODB file is the RSS, where as I was looking in the codeplug.

If this was eBay I would give Wavetar feedback that would look something like this...

Thanks for help. One of Batlabs finest! AAA+++
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Thank-you, motisking. I am truly here to help out, & do when I can. I only now checked & received your codeplug via email. Can I now assume you no longer need me to verify whether it works or not?

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

motisking
Batboard $upporter

Post by motisking »

No.

It is programmed and working great.

Thanks again.
radar76

MCS OUT OF BAND

Post by radar76 »

WAVETAR

This is an interesting post, i am trying for my ham license now and actually have an mcs2000 vhf in my truck :) I have only programmed it with the windows version of the mcs software, is there any way to modify this type of codeplug to streach into the ham band, or does it have to be done with the Dos rss? I dont have easy access to the dos rss, but i could make the hour plus drive to my buddys shop if it is the only way.

thanks
motisking
Batboard $upporter

Post by motisking »

Hey radar76

I have both the DOS and the Windows versions of the RSS. To my knowledge the DOS version is the only one you can hack.

I have looked high and low in the Windows version for the band limits with no success. If some one does find it, this will help to hack the Waris Windows CPS.

P.S. Your are not hacking the codeplug, your modifying the ODB file in the RSS.
radar76

Post by radar76 »

MOTOISKING
I AM USING CPSVER R01.06.00 can i still go backwards and now read it with a dos version? I thought that you could not go backwards and use a dos version, if i can use a dos version what version can i use? thanks
radar
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

radar76 wrote:MOTOISKING
I AM USING CPSVER R01.06.00 can i still go backwards and now read it with a dos version? I thought that you could not go backwards and use a dos version, if i can use a dos version what version can i use? thanks
radar
DOS RSS version 5.07.00 is compatible right up to CPS version 1.10.00

Todd

radar76

Post by radar76 »

thanks for the help

I will try to get my buddy at the shop help me out.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”