Saber I UHF Sqeal in TX Audio.....

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Batman
What radios do you own?: JT1000, Spectras, CB-555, 540

Saber I UHF Sqeal in TX Audio.....

Post by Batman »

Well as the title states when i TX on this Saber I the TX Audio has a squeal in it. Rx Audio seems fine. I'm hoping this is a simple fix.

Thanks,
Thank You,

Robert
nypdcar1

Post by nypdcar1 »

It might be that 16800000 Hz crystal that went bad, I am not sure just replace it and see keep us informed.
Good luck :wink:
Click On Banner!
cracked

Post by cracked »

does the "squeal" change or go intermittent when you squeeze and bang around the radio? if so, my vote is a bad VCO/synth module.
AEC
No Longer Registered

Squeals on TX...Saber I portable...

Post by AEC »

My bet is loose screws on the synthesizer module, and the receiver module.
The rear cover "MUST" be tightened down firmly as this is also the ground connection for the external antenna.

When the synthesizer module is just pressed in and not held firmly in place by the back cover, it will cause the TX audio to squeal and hum as there is no longer a solid R.F ground for the module to work against.

#1 rule: Ground it if it doesn't carry a signal or power!

Ernest A. Erickson, ka9uce
nypdcar1

Re: Squeals on TX...Saber I portable...

Post by nypdcar1 »

AEC wrote:My bet is loose screws on the synthesizer module, and the receiver module.
The rear cover "MUST" be tightened down firmly as this is also the ground connection for the external antenna.

When the synthesizer module is just pressed in and not held firmly in place by the back cover, it will cause the TX audio to squeal and hum as there is no longer a solid R.F ground for the module to work against.

#1 rule: Ground it if it doesn't carry a signal or power!

Ernest A. Erickson, ka9uce
i agree :wink:
Click On Banner!
phrawg

Post by phrawg »

I double agree on that one. Seen it many times before. Phrawg
BBbzzzzz... ZAP.. GULP !!! ahhhh GOOD fly !

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”