What Jedi mic is this?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

redbeard
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Yaesu

What Jedi mic is this?

Post by redbeard »

I never seen one of these before. It looks like a standard speaker mic but has an antenna provision and three push buttons on the side. Also the PTT button is rubber, instead of hard plastic as usual for that style mic. The cord is a rubber coiled cord, not straight and not smooth and shiny as usual. I figured out the the top two buttons are volume hi/low but the third one is still a mystery. The part number is missing off the back too so I can't ID it anywhere. Works on my MTS2000 fine it seems.

IS this a new version public safety speaker mic? What's the part number? What does the bottom button do?

http://unwired.ovscan.com/images/CIMG0084.JPG <--big image 645k
Last edited by redbeard on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, XTL5000

Post by Matt »

I'm guessing either the early version of Jedi public safety mic, or current version of the XTS PSM, leaning more towards the older version though.
Matt
Bob

Post by Bob »

I believe a similar mic was asked about in the last couple weeks. The answer was that it's a Jedi PS speaker/mic. That was quickly followed by 'it's been discontinued.'

The rubber PTT cover pretty much gives it away.
redbeard
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Yaesu

Post by redbeard »

Yeah wasn't sure if it was a new model or old model. I have the typical one that everyone sees that's square and has a straight cord with the volume toggle on the top. This is just new to me so I was wonderig what it was.

Part # or 3rd (bottom) switch use anyone?
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

It is discontinued, the coil cord would break down and the antenna would fail. I believe the third button was to be for some type of future use and was not used.

M also manufactured a few display mics for the Jedi series, they had a host of issues and never made it off the ground.

SG
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Suspended TFN

Post by ExKa|iBuR »

A display version for the Jedi?

Now *that* would be freeking cool!

Nobody has a pic I spose, eh?

-Ex
VoIP: BAT-MIKE (228-6453)

Are YOU hamsexy?

ATU# 312
Photog

Post by Photog »

Model number is NMN6194A, and as you say, at least two of the side buttons are for volume up/down

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”