CDM 1250-Dual Control Head???

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

remtxtpr

CDM 1250-Dual Control Head???

Post by remtxtpr »

Can the CDM 1250 be configured to run two control heads? Does Big M make cables for this type of application???? I have a friend who has one and they are mounting it in a firetruck. They would like to have dual control heads (if its possible) so when parked the pump operator can use the radio without climbing into the cab. Thanks for any info.....Ryan
CHEFA2001
Banned

Post by CHEFA2001 »

Motorola states that they should ,,,and I repeat....SHOULD have it released by next month. SOmething about the digital bus features or something not synching right to control the radio from both heads.
I believe that I head that the electronics expo in vegas should have it on display.

Possibly some board users here will report back.

I also heard from a friend who heard from the co's owner of who is making the setup, that it's going to be VERRRRRY PRICEY$$$.

It would figure, that way, I think more people are going to buy two radios. I understand that getting a MCS2000 with dual heads will be cheaper than the one for the CDM series. This is only what I have been told by a pretty relaible source, so don't quote me on this.
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

That would be a godsend!

I'm about a half of a hair from having to go dual-radio in a couple of ambulances, and I'm afraid I would be more than happy to pay through the nose in order to avoid the hassle.

My favorite dealer is headed off to the conference to learn about the latest toys, I'll have to pick his brain on his return.

Now, if they would come up with a dual (or triple) drawer set-up to save me on console space........
jim

Post by jim »

As per a conversation last month with QuickMount, their version should be out by June and cost "only a few bucks more" than the Maxtrac version. Let's hope so.
MO_TRASHER

Dual head for CDM

Post by MO_TRASHER »

I had a conversation with Steve Duffy @ quick mount and he said there is a dual head kit coming out sometime soon. (He thought late April or May) I haven't bothered to check back because I don't have anyone looking for a kit. Ouick Mount's phone # 1-800-260-6025
The 'Trasher
N3UHD
PCIA #38104
...If it ain't broke, don't fix it....
"Motorola hasn't built a radio so well that it can't be broken"
Check Out: http://www.lowerytech.net/forum
Join the fun!
Someday this'll be a REAL Site!.......
http://www.busrad.com

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”