GP68 Per Channel Transmit Inhibit

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Batman
What radios do you own?: JT1000, Spectras, CB-555, 540

GP68 Per Channel Transmit Inhibit

Post by Batman »

is there a way to inhibit transmit on a GP68 on a channel basis. some channels can tx/rx and some just rx? or is this just a glorified ham HT.
Thank You,

Robert
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Re: GP68 Per Channel Transmit Inhibit

Post by Josh »

No, there is no way to set up an RX-only mode.

What I would do is set the TX for an MURS channel or something, that way to avoid problems if the TX is accidentally pressed on a channel you don't want to transmit on.
Grog
On Moderation

Post by Grog »

Batman wrote:is there a way to inhibit transmit on a GP68 on a channel basis. some channels can tx/rx and some just rx? or is this just a glorified ham HT.

Sorry, but I've seen a lot of ham gear that is built better than the 68 :lol:

Plus on a lot of ham gear you can sorta set a TX inhibit by setting the TX offset outside of the area the radio can TX on. It works with "modded" radios as well, you just have to set the offset a lot more :lol:
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

Well, that's about what Josh said - set TX to MURS or Ham equivelant.

The UHF one's I've had in the past had ARS (Auto Repeater Split), so if it was on a PS freq, or within +5 MHz of 449.995, you could set ARS to a - (negative) shift and it would only key on Ham.
Grog
On Moderation

Post by Grog »

Rayjk110 wrote:Well, that's about what Josh said - set TX to MURS or Ham equivelant.

No, that's not what I said. I am talking about changing the offset well beyond the regular settings. For a VHF ham radio, instead of -.600khz, set it for -50mhz. That way, even if the ham radio is modded, when you hit the PTT it will still give an error and not transmit at all as if it were a stock radio just trying to transmit just outside the hamband.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”